Accredited Certifiers Association
The Accredited Certifiers Association, Inc. (ACA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization created to benefit the accredited organic certifier community and the organic industry. Our primary mission is to ensure consistent implementation of USDA Organic Regulations through collaboration and education of accredited certification agencies. Purposes include, developing uniform criteria for implementation of the USDA National Organic Program, certifier training, support and networking opportunities and being a forum for discussion of issues impacting organic certification.
Membership Open To
Certifying agencies applying for accreditation
Organic community members other than certifying agencies
Certifier Certifier Discussion Group participation
Working Groups participation
Supporting Member Benefits
Educational Activities at member rates
Working Groups participation
Events & Resources
- Organic certification agencies are required to test samples from at least 5% of their certified operations annually. Increased focus on fraud detection makes residue sampling more important than ever. As more test reports are received, certifiers must consistently act upon positive test results. Liz Figueredo, QAI Technical Manager, will discuss NOP Instruction 2613, Responding to Results from Pesticide Residue Testing in this upcoming webinar. Join the webinar for a walk-through of process outlined by the NOP in 2613, and ask any questions you may have.
- January 29 – 31, 2019 Hyatt Regency Greenville Greenville, South Carolina
- This webinar for organic certifiers and inspectors will explore the handling materials on the National List at §205.605 and §205.606. What is attapulgite, anyway?? Speaker Jessica Walden will select materials that are commonly used in organic processing and/or that have complicated National List Annotations. Their roles in food processing will be explored in order to increase contextual awareness and recollection of important annotation concepts.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 – 8:30am to Friday, October 26, 2018 – 6:00pm InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront 11 Kellogg Boulevard East St. Paul, MN 55101-1005
- Jen Berkebile is the the Materials Program Manager at Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO). Jen sat on a training panel related to material review at the 2018 ACA Training in February and was recently elected to the ACA Board of Directors. We want to offer our members the chance to get to know Jen and the work she does at PCO. Here's what she has to say ...
- A big thank you to everyone who participated in the 2018 NOP/ACA Training in San Antonio, Texas in February. One hundred sixty-nine attendees came from across the United States and from eight additional countries. Feedback from the ACA training indicated that the sessions were useful and the speakers knowledgeable. Attendees also remarked on the quality and usefulness of the presentations from the National Organic Program, and the ...